Tap to unmute
Redeeming Smosh's Worst Food Crimes
- Published on Jan 12, 2022
- Today, Josh is redeeming some of the food abominations created by Smosh. MK # 098
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: flash-player.net/user/mythicalkitch...
Submit your Dreams Become Food photos here: forms.gle/ga4DVQDMoi7pL1GcA
Check out our podcast, A Hot Dog Is A Sandwich!
Apple Podcasts: www.mythical.com/hotdog
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - flash-player.net/user/playlist?list...
Snack Smash - flash-player.net/user/playlist?list...
Food Fears - flash-player.net/user/playlist?list...
Food Feats - flash-player.net/user/playlist?list...
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at mythical.com/collections/mythical-kit...
Join the Mythical Society: www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: mythicalchefjosh
Check Out Our Other Mythical Channels:
Good Mythical Morning: flash-player.net/user/goodmythicalmorning
Rhett & Link: flash-player.net/user/rhettandlink
Ear Biscuits: applepodcasts.com/earbiscuits
Good Mythical MORE: flash-player.net/user/goodmythicalmore
Want to send us something? mythical.com/contact
In the spirit of minimizing food waste associated with the filming of this series, Mythical is donating to the Hollywood Food Coalition ( hofoco.org ) who provide daily, nourishing meals to underserved communities in the Los Angeles area.
Burger Tartare - 1:30
Ice Cream - 5:42
Assemble - 12:55
Step 1: Burger tartare
* 12 oz filet mignon, cubed and semi-frozen
* 4 strips bacon, cooked and finely chopped
* 3 Tbsp minced shallots
* 3 Tbsp minced chives
* 3 Tbsp minced cornichon
* 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
* 1 tsp yellow mustard
* 1 egg yolk
* ½ tsp salt
* Black pepper
* Olive oil
1) Grind the filet mignon using the coarse dye on a meat grinder. In a separate bowl, add shallot, chives, cornichon, vinegar, oil, mustard, egg yolk, and black pepper, and whisk.
2) Add all the stuff together.
* Baking sheet
* Meat grinder
* Small mixing bowl
* Large mixing bowl
Step 2: Thousand Island Ice Cream + Cheese Crispy
* 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded from the block
* 8 ounces milk
* 8 ounces heavy cream
* ½ cup sugar
* 3 egg yolks
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1 Tbsp red wine vin
* 1 Tbsp worcestershire
* ¼ cup finely chopped pickles
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* 1 tsp fresh horseradish root
* Black pepper
* 1 tsp salt
1) Arrange the cheddar cheese in a circle on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Bake at 350 until melty and crispy.
2) Heat milk, cream, and sugar in a pot. Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl then temper in the hot creamy milk mixture.
3) Add back into the pot and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in ketchup and other ingredients then add to an ice cream maker.
* Baking sheet + silicone mat
* Medium mixing bowl
* Medium sauce pot
* Ice cream machine
Step 3: Assemble
* Toasted brioche bun that’s been put in the fridge
* Steak tartare
* Cheddar crisp
* Thousand island ice cream
1) Pack steak tartare into a ring mold. Invert and put onto the bun.
2) Add cheddar cheese frico, iceberg lettuce, and thousand island ice cream.
* Ring mold
* Parchment square